суббота, 18 октября 2008 г.

daily sundial csun




Itapos;s been fifteen days since I started my vegetarian kick, and Iapos;m happy to report that Iapos;m still with it. No soda either. I was tempted for both when I was given a free buffet, but I managed to keep my promise. For this reason, Iapos;ve had to bad buffets. About a week ago, I had some friends come over for shinai (kendo) sparring/learning. When I did, I realized I could make a little Japanese meal for them. I made green tea that night and remembered how much I love it o.o I like it warm without sugar so there are no extra calories from drinking it, and Iapos;ve heard it has health benefits. ^^

My goddess, who I sometimes call my teacher, asked me to take advice from Buddhism so, I went out and bought a copy of the Dharmapada (The Way of the Dharma) which is the core teachings of the Buddha. Interestingly, BAM does not mark this as religious but as philosophical. It was a short book with very very powerful meaning. Combined with Meditation for Beginners by Jack Kornfield, who has been a Buddhist and therapist for 40+ years, the translation became very clear. It would seem Buddhism is more of a self-diagnosing self-healing form of psychology, and from just a few days of itapos;s use Iapos;ve felt much better and been able to handle some situations better. I think there is a free translation of the Dharmapada somewhere online so, give it a try ok?

amazing astronomy facts, daily sundial csun, daily sundial online, daily sunlight, daily superior telegram.



Комментариев нет: